Monday, August 11, 2008

Manfrotto and Monsters

I'd been searching for the Manfrotto (410 jr geared) tripod head for awhile now, but Amazon was the leading seller and they only shipped it to the U.S. But, last week I found one used for sale on Kijiji (a great site!) only it was Montreal's page - so it took some googling and tracked down the seller (a Montreal used camera equipment store owner) and was able to have them ship it here - arrived this weekend and is perfect! Great condition and saved quite a bit on it, I can't wait to try it out!

I'd been hoping to finish the audio challenge at SMA, but aside from being past the due date, I'm caught up in making props for my next film and can't find the time to complete it - but as Ceri's amazing puppets were involved I thought I'd post part of it here. The idea was to have a stop-motion kid loitering in front of a 7-11 type building, the background being rear-projection. As he's standing around listening to Bret's music the background starts to flicker and changes to a scene of Ceri's monsters, all unbeknowst to him. By the time he turns around to have a look it's flickered back to a nice brick wall. Hopefully eventually I'll be able to complete a rear-projection piece - for now, here's the background animation - thanks again Ceri for the actors!

5 comments:

jriggity said...

neat o!

jriggity

Anonymous said...

Yah, that's really cool!

Emily said...

hey, thanks!
hopefully I'll be able to finish it eventually, even if not for the audio challenge.

Anonymous said...

YOU GOT A MANFROTTO! KICK BUTT AWESOME!!

Woolly Monster said...

Hehe, fantastic bouncing monsters! They seem to be enjoying Canada a great deal :)
Great that you found a bargain manfrotto head too.