Saturday, June 28, 2008

Shoes!

Shoes are almost done!I took a little break from finishing the new breathing armature (take 2) to work on his shoes. I had a bit of trouble with shoes last animation, so this time I made Sculpey (the cheap stuff) mockups of the shoes, then covered that in a thin layer of liquid latex. The latex turns into a thin rubber shoe, which I can glue the fabric on to easily. the soles are latex baked in textured molds, and will have small tiedown holes cut in them (once his feet are made). Just need some laces and some wear and tear added and they'll be good to go.

1 comment:

Edwound Wisent said...

(^ tin foil: a nut/wHole. epoxy putty or better yet for shoe not foot? JBweld. thin goopy stuff dries hard and geenish gray.
heck, EM, there are ssOOoomany types of shoes, from flip flops to mucklucks1 straped on cros gartered high heels made from rubber bands to sneekers/sketchers and... ?..! rollies! the ones that come with a little wheel in the heel? scary dern things.
(^ I wear so many types depending on form and function from steel tipped work boots to fuzzy slippers that I really loved seeing your moccasin. i used to ONLY wear mime flats.