Sunday, September 27, 2009

Stainless Steel Pre-drilled Balls


I've posted this on the forums and thought I'd post here as well;

Awhile ago I bought some stainless steel balls, meant for jewelery purposes, predrilled and tapped. I thought of using them for a ball and socket armature, but haven't had a chance to try them out yet, and won't for awhile. They were wholesale, so I've got a ton of them kicking around - so, if anyone would like some to try out, just let me know and I'll mail them out. No worries about postage or anything like that - more people experimenting with different mediums is always good!

They're 6mm and 4mm, predrilled, though I've no idea what hole or tap size. If you'd like some just send me an email with your address and I'll ship them off!

9 comments:

Emily said...

And Michael, I'll add some to your ever-growing but apparently slow-to-get-shipping package!!

Mike said...

Thanks Emily! I'm sure i'll find a USe for thEM.

so you still have a package fer me? I thought it got lost 'er eatin' by Winston.

Yaz said...

Hi Emily, I have the same balls -6mm ones. I found on ebay and ordered. I have not had a chance to try but hopefully I will try out in a couple of months for sure. I will let you know how it all goes. I will be making a flying rig not a puppet though. By the way, I have been following your progress silently for a while here :) Keep up the great work!

Dan Metalmadcat said...

m_) do you still have any?

5240 harrowby ct
fairfax, va 22032

Emily said...

Dan - mailed them out today!

Anonymous said...

hi i was wondering if you have any of these balls left over?

Hazy

Unknown said...

I am looking for some metal pre-drilled balls. I have a fireplace screen to hang, and came up with a slotted metal tube with ball+hook idea, but need the balls with holes! Looked everywhere, including metal beads- no luck.
So, if you still are willing to mail a few to me that would be great!
I can probably use the larger size and i think about 30 would do the trick. How do we do that?

Emily said...

Hey Hazy,

I think I have a few left, I'll try to dig them out. I don't have a contact link for you - do you want to send me an email?

Halina - that sounds like a really cool idea, but I don't think I have 30 left - if you go to ebay, search 'stainless steel balls' and click on 'wholesale lots' on the left, you'll find lots of 100 balls for approx $10-15 - give you some room for trial and error.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip, emmyymme(?; i will certainly search eBay, too bad you are all out...
thx!